Archive for the ‘Product Releases’ Category
Cascade 126.96.36.1999 has been released! This release adds a bunch of new features, such as exclusive locking, “Details” columns in the shell extension, and named checkpoints, as well as performance enhancements and bug fixes. For a detailed list, check out the release notes. Try it now…
Cascade 188.8.131.521 has been released! This is primarily a bug fix release with a few minor new features. The exact changes are spelled out in the release notes. Try it now…
Cascade 184.108.40.2063 has been released! This release adds a number of new features. The full list of what’s changed is spelled out in the release notes. Try it now…
What’s more, Cascade is now completely free for personal use, even in a corporate environment. Multi-user installations still require you to purchase a license. The details are spelled out on the Pricing page and in the EULA at install time, but the bottom line is that you can use Cascade for as long as you want on as many computers as you want, so long as it’s just you using Cascade and accessing your Cascade servers.
Cascade 220.127.116.110 has been released! This release fixes a variety of bugs, some minor and some major, in Cascade 1.0.1. It also provides several important performance enhancements, especially to checkpoint and commit operations. A list of specific noteworthy fixes is provided in the release notes. Try it now!
Cascade 18.104.22.1684 has been released! This is a bug fix release that addresses a variety of issues, mostly minor, with Cascade 1.0.0. A list of specific noteworthy fixes is provided in the release notes. Try it now!
Cascade 22.214.171.1249 has been released! This release includes a number of major enhancements:
- The addition of a user manual. In addition to being linked from our web site, you can access the manual via the Start Menu, via any right-click context menu, or via a button on the nav bar on any Cascade Manager page.
- Greatly simplified installation of Cascade on Linux and Macintosh. Most tasks are now performed by an installer script.
- Further usability enhancements to Cascade Manager, including color-coding in tables (e.g. failed tasks are highlighted in red) and a new Revisions page with improved status reporting that replaces the old Home and Grid pages.
- Checkpoints are now simply revisions with a dot, instead of a long unique ID: for example, revision 10.1 is the first checkpoint created so far relative to revision 10.
- Other minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Cascade 0.2.1.647 has been released! This release, aside from fixing various minor bugs, includes a redesign of the Cascade Manager web pages. The screenshots on our web pages have been updated accordingly. (The Flash demo hasn’t been updated yet.)
Cascade 0.2.0.611 has been released! This release brings a number of important enhancements. Most importantly:
- Better Windows file system support. Previously, CFS on Windows acted as an SMB server, tricking your computer into thinking that it was talking to a remote file server when in fact the server was hosted off your own computer. Now, CFS is a real Windows NT file system driver. This improves performance, simplifies installation, provides more correct file system semantics, and fixes a number of other issues.
- Macintosh support. (x86-based Macs only; Cascade does not currently support PowerPC-based Macintosh systems.)
Cascade 0.1.1.525 has been released! The main enhancements relative to 0.1.0 have to do with security: for example, the https:// repository access method is supported for Subversion, and Cascade Manager can now be accessed over https:// as well. Also, 64-bit Windows binaries have been posted for the first time.